1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD Drives not showing up in My Computer Folder

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Buzz1, Nov 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzz1

Buzz1 Thread Starter

I have a cdrw and a dvdrw drive both were working fine. Now they both show up in the device manager but show the astericks saying the drivers have been loaded but hardware is not found. But they do not show up in the My computer folder or when accessing from a program except cdrwin. I uninstalled the devices and reinstalled and I also uninstalled and unplugged and restarted and then plugged back in and restarted again. And still the same message. None of my cd recording decices work except for cdrwin. For some odd reason this program recognizes the drives and records too.

Please someone help with this cause I am stumped. I tried to use a system restore point but like always they always come back and tell my that it can't restore from that point.

Any suggestions is much abliged. Thanks.

Buzz

2. Buzz1

Buzz1 Thread Starter

stemed from this: I was formating a cdrw with dla program from my dvd rw drive. The drive never complete finished and got hung and I had to restart my computer because it locked up. I think that this may have been the start of the problem. This happened yesterday.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/181498

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice