CD/DVD drive not recognising any blank or written cd's.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hannahrai

Hi. This is my first post, so please be kind. :)

I have a Toshiba Windows Vista laptop and have done for exactly 2 years now.

The CD/DVD drive has never given me any hassle before and has picked up blank and written cd's/DVD's.

However, I put in a blank CD-RW and it's not recognising anything. No box shows which used to show that said something like "burn cd, open files, play with windows media player" etc.

I haven't done anything different or installed anything new that would cause this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hannahrai

I have tried system restore but when my laptop restarts the message appears saying "system restore did not work properly" or something along those lines.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online