CD/DVD Drive not recognized

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Warthog1

Steve
Hi

I'm running a Dell Inspiron 17 on Windows 10. CD/DVD drive used to work, but I haven't used it for a long time.

I wanted to view a DVD today--No Joy. The ODD is recognized on the BIOS Main Page but nothing at all on Windows Explorer. I've tried all the standard fixes (except Dell Troubleshooting which I can't get to work either). I've uninstalled/reinstalled the CD/DVD drive and the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers on Device manager.

The drive makes all the usual noises when I open/close the tray, but it's simply not being found.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Edit/Delete Message

crjdriver

Does it play a CD? CDs and DVDs use different lasers inside of the drive.

plodr

Liz
Did it ever work in Windows 10?
Windows 10 doesn't include a DVD player. What program is installed to play DVDs?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!