1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD/DVD drive not working or showing in my computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by diemachinedie, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. diemachinedie

diemachinedie Thread Starter

When i check it this is what I see..

A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)...

looks like the item above it is having issues too. I don't have anything else wrong with my laptop.. I want to install my Kaspersky CD before my Mcafee trial ends.

Attached Files:

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  3. diemachinedie

hope it works tks

4. diemachinedie

Triple6,

Thank you for the help.
    The instructions worked, but now the CD drive shows up as an external CD drive. The CD drive is running CD programs.
    I have not checked to see if regular and Bluray videos run or if the burner works.
    Maybe windows updates in the future will correct the issue.

Network card issue:
    Hopefully future updates will correct it the video issue. Cause I am not sure I would be able to figure out the issue there.

I appreciate the help :)
    Vera

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029245

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice