CD/DVD Drive not working with CDs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

miked312

For a while now, the CD/DVD drive on my Acer TravelMate 2420 (bought in 2006) has not been working with CDs or CD-ROMs. The drive reads DVDs and DVD-ROMs without any problems, but when I insert a CD or CD-ROM into the drive, I hear it beginning to work, but it shuts down and stops working without recognizing the presence of a disc in the drive. ("Beginning to work", in the sense that I hear it "revving" up a bit, then stopping, then "revving" again, then stopping for good.) I'm not sure what to do.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online