CD/DVD Drive not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pinnataparty

I started having this problem last week. When I tried to burn my CDs or even play an audio CD, it would run for a bit, then stops and gives me a yellow light. No error message or anything, nothing pops up. However, when I put a DVD in it, it works perfectly fine. I tried playing multiple CDs, none of them worked, nothing popped up. I checked if there was a problem with the device, but it says the device is working properly. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver, but the problem persists. I even tried deleting upper and lower filters and then restarting, but the problem persists. Does anybody know the solution to this problem? It's driving me nuts!

Which one do you have enabled for CD recording? Right-click>Properties>Recording each to see which one has the box checked saying Enable CD recording on this drive.

pinnataparty

I right clicked on DVD/CD-RW Drive and yeah the box is checked saying Enable CD recording on this drive (under the Recording tab)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online