1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD/DVD drive won't open (again)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jessietea, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessietea

jessietea Thread Starter

So, I had this problem a few months ago (here) and I found out that after the drive opened once while I was restarting the computer, it worked from then on. A large part of that problem is that the case has a special door that has to open to let the drive out, and I think that broke a little bit, so I have to hold it open so that the disc tray can come out. Sometimes it would open part of the way and I had to keep it from going back in. I'm fine with that. Last week I started having the problem again. I didn't have time until now to try fussing with it yet, but using a paperclip will not work, nor will opening the drive while the computer boots up. Now the tray doesn't move or anything, but I hear the disc spinning, etc. I don't know what I can do to fix it. All of the common answers aren't helping me at all.

2. Snagglegaster

Snagglegaster Banned

The drive is defective. Replace it. People really tend to over complicate these issues.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

A rule-of-thumb: If the amount of time you spend trying to fix something is greater than the amount of time it would take you to earn the money to replace it at a minimum-wage job (or MacDonald's), then your precious time is being wasted and you should just replace it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024709

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice