CD/DVD Drive wont read any disks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Devil666

Well, that isn't strictly true, it will read one and only one of my disks.

On every other disk I insert, I go into the Drive, and it says 'Please insert disk into drive D:' when I already have a disk in it. But with this one disk, which is only a game, it recognises it. I don't know if this is the problem, but I have left that disk in for a while, without taking it out even when I turned the computer ona and off.

Can anyone help?

There must be something different about the disk it reads and the disks it won't. What are the differences (CD, DVD, factory disk, home-made disk, etc.)?

Devil666

No... I don't think that's the problem. I forgot to mention, but a screen comes up every time I turn on the computer, which says at the bottom - Boot from CD: Then it proceeds as normal. Is it possible that my computer is booting from this CD?

EDIT: This is the sort of screen, but not mine, just a picture I found off the internet.

Still waiting for detailed descriptions of the CDs. If it reads one and not the other, it is impossible they are identical.

You are the eyes and ears. We cannot see or experience your problem without your cooperation. That's why we ask questions and make suggestions.

Devil666

OK then, if you are so sure, why is the CD that it will read a game, and one of the ones it wont is the expansion for that very same game?

Look at the possibility that one might be a CD and the other a DVD. Many games are distributed on DVD and the "expansions" on CD.

Advice: If you are asking someone to volunteer to help you, strictly out of their own good nature, it would be advisable to cooperate with the person you call on -- and certainly don't be making that person ask more than once for the same information and certainly don't be confrontational.

I am unsubscribing from this thread.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online