1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD DVD driver missing error During Installation of Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by shumayal, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shumayal

shumayal Thread Starter

I had a serious problem that is stopping me from installing it. Any Solutions will be greatly welcomed. Please can I get a guide in simple steps.
    I get the following CD/DVD error that drivers are missing and I need to locate them.

Strange error since it is reading off the disc, and since it is booting off the DVD.

Any Solutions ?
    My specifications

MANUFACTURER- TOUCHMATE
    MODEL - Vista Home Premium (32 bit) SP2 Currently Installed & Windows XP (32bit) SP3 (DUAL BOOT)
    PROCESSOR - INTEL (R) CORE (TM) 2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHZ 2.40GHZ
    MEMORY (RAM) - 2.00 GB
    SYSTEM TYPE - 32-bit Operating System
    [​IMG]

I have tried googling for it & THERE ARE SOLUTIONS but i can't understand them. It says something about IDE emulation & AHCI & SATA... It goes above my head :(
    Please can someone tell me a stepwise guidance in simple words :)

THANK YOU,
    DESPERATELY
    AHMAD SHUMAYAL,

2. unbidden

unbidden

A few thoughts.

Clean the disk.

Disconnect any peripheral devices that may interfere (printers, external drives, etc)

If running a desktop and you have another machine around, swap out the dvd drives.

Something that used to happen with XP; try setting the bios to Default rather than Optimal, once the install goes through reset to Optimal.

3. shumayal

shumayal Thread Starter

yup.. i dont have any peripheral devices like printers etc.. attahed.. and the Bios part is the confusing part...
    lyk when i googled "windows 7 cd dvd driver missing" my problem is there.. and even the solution.. just that it goes over my head.. can anyone tell me in simple steps ?
    thanks
    DESPERATELY :(

4. unbidden

unbidden

Is the Win 7 DVD store bought or is it a downloaded iso and then burned to a dvd?
    If downloaded, where did you download it from?

5. shumayal

shumayal Thread Starter

This is a downloaded iso and then burned to a dvd. I downloaded it from a torrent.
    This Windows 7 is NOT a Beta version but a Retail version & Its Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit.

6. shumayal

shumayal Thread Starter

7. unbidden

unbidden

Legal?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/910534