CD/DVD drives are not being recognized automatically

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

metalhunter

I have a hp media center pc 873n w/windows XP it's about 3 years old. I will try to explain this the best I can. When I put a CD media disk ( photos or music) into either my CD or CD/DVD drive, my drives do not start automatically like they used too. I have to go to "My Computer" and click on the drive to find what is on the CD. I have gone in and right clicked on each driver into Properties "Auto Play" and tried different settings with no success. I have also noticed that at time while clicking from one program to another my computer attempts to recognize the CD. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online