1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD DVD mass confusion!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by normpeterson, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. normpeterson

normpeterson Thread Starter

Hello all. I have searched and come up with numerous answers on this subject and am even more confused than before. I undersdtand what r and rw mean for a disk. How come on a new computer, that is cd rw some cd's still will not work. While on other computers they do, and those computers are from the same company and not too old? I have a brand new external cd dvd r/rw player and there are some dvds that it says it can not read. I have a dvd/rom at home, and it will not read some disks. This seems ridiculous tro me that you can buy or burn disks for backup and there is a chance they will not work. I am ready to upgrade to 750 zip disks. They are so easy to use and make cd and dvds look lame and put them to shame, IMO. Is ther an all-in-one cd dvd player/reader and one standard type of disk to buy that would guarantee playing on almost all platforms?

2. bkdc

bkdc

You have not mentioned what software package you are using to record your CDs or DVDs. Most packages give you an option on how you wish to close the disc, you should chose the option that specifies " you may what to use it on another machine". Most cd/dvd rom drives can not read a R/W disc that is left open. There is also is a difference in (plus)+DVD and (dash)-DVD and DL or Double Layer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!