1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cd/ Dvd missing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thook06, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thook06

thook06 Thread Starter

I just recentally upgraded to VIsta and just reinstalled nero. After trying to make a dvd my computer stop reconigzing my dvd-rw. After that I restarted my computer in hopes that It would change something but instead it made my cd-rw/dvd-rw disappear to and then I went to my divice manager and it showed the both of them but it said, "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

"Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available"

this is where I am stuck now and just wanted to know if anyone could help. If so the help would be much appriacted. Thanks

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Not sure if this works with Vista

Download CDgone to your desktop.

Right click and choose Extract All,
    open folder and double click on cdgone.reg file

Do Not Click on EditReg.reg file

Restart your PC

3. thook06

thook06 Thread Starter

I'll give that a try thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!