1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD/DVD not accessible-incorrect function."

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by shelley, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shelley

shelley Thread Starter

If I drag and drop files to the CD/DVD burner I get the message ~ "G:\is not accessible - incorrect function" and occasionally it asks me to insert a new disc when there is one in there. It has no problem playing pre-burned or commercial CD/DVD's. I can burn using other software such as Veritas. I checked in Device Manager and there seem to be no problems. I've read a similar post which advises looking into the device properties and ensuring that 'recording' is enabled but I don't have a 'recording' tab in the drive properties. Any clues where the problem may be?

2. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Check in Services for 'IMAPI CD-burning' make sure it's not disabled, or try setting it to Automatic.

3. shelley

shelley Thread Starter

I checked Services. IMAPI CD-burning was set to manual and it wasn't started. I set it to automatic and rebooted. It now says automatic and started, but it still gives the same error message.

4. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

On XP you can drag and drop to CD but not to a DVD

5. Tsluv61

Tsluv61

I am replying to you to see if you fixed your problem with not being able to get into your
    cd/dvdburner, g: drive inaccessable incorrect function. I have the same prblem with my drive. If you can send me a reply, it will be a great help! Tsluv61:D

6. shelley

shelley Thread Starter

No, I didn't. I gave up and bought a new NEC DVD/CD burner from eBay for £40. Checked them out first like at http://www.reviewcentre.com/products2013.html. I guess these things weren't built to last! Sorry if that wasn't good news for you. :(

ps, I fitted the new one as a second DVD/CD drive so maybe the problem was writing to the drive rather than the burner itself and I've merely circumvented the problem (which is still there for the old burner). Whatever, I'm now happy.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/526748