CD/DVD not recognized BIOS wont boot from USB

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

slash9814

I have a Toshiba Satellite a85-s107 running Windows XP Pro, I have no floppy either

I cannot get the cd/dvd to be recognized even after reinstalling all of the drivers from the rescue cd using an external cd/dvd drive

If I could just get this dinosaur to boot to the external CD/DVD I'd be golden

My only choices in the bios are;
CD
HDD
LAN
FDD

Any ideas??

I don't seem to understand your problem.

You say your Windows doesn't recognize the DVD drive, right? Why do you need to boot off the DVD drive, then?

slash9814

The system is not recognizing the INTERNAL dvd drive, I'm trying to boot to an EXTERNAL USB dvd drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online