1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD/DVD not recognized BIOS wont boot from USB

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by slash9814, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. slash9814

slash9814 Thread Starter

I have a Toshiba Satellite a85-s107 running Windows XP Pro, I have no floppy either

I cannot get the cd/dvd to be recognized even after reinstalling all of the drivers from the rescue cd using an external cd/dvd drive

If I could just get this dinosaur to boot to the external CD/DVD I'd be golden

My only choices in the bios are;
    CD
    HDD
    LAN
    FDD

Any ideas??

2. TacticalSniper

TacticalSniper

I don't seem to understand your problem.

You say your Windows doesn't recognize the DVD drive, right? Why do you need to boot off the DVD drive, then?

3. slash9814

slash9814 Thread Starter

The system is not recognizing the INTERNAL dvd drive, I'm trying to boot to an EXTERNAL USB dvd drive

4. TacticalSniper

TacticalSniper

Okay. Can you get into BIOS? Can you see the DVD drive there?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/884340

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice