1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD/DVD Not Responding

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by DebraGoodloe, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DebraGoodloe

DebraGoodloe Thread Starter

I have a Sony Vaio All-In-One Desktop Pc (VGC-JS210J). When I first got this computer a year and a half ago I did not notice that the CD/DVD drive or SD and so on was not working. I took it in and they fixed it. Just recently I had to do a total system restore back to factory settings and now I am having that same issue of not responding. I did a check on the drives and windows says working properly right now all I am noticing is that the CD/DVD is not reading my homework disks and or a new software disk that I just bought(Roxio Easy Video Copy& Convert), but it will read a movie disk that I put in and load with Win DVD, and after a few minutes it does read my printer installation disc. When I put a disk in all that happens is that the yellow light will flash like it is doing something for a while then it stops. Some times it will kick the disk out and say insert disc and try again, and sometimes nothing will happen and I have to eject it myself.

I went to the Sony site to look for any driver updates only found two but when I tried to do one of them it said it was not for my particular computer. I looked in the device manager and there are no ! or yellow triangles to indicate a problem. Can anyone out there help me with this so that I do not have to send my computer in again? I attend online school and need my own computer because I have all the things I need for school on it. Thanking you all in advance.

Oh one other thing, If I may have to do a total system restore in the future is this something that I will have to do all over again. After this may I am on my own with this computer and will not be serviced for free. Is there something that I should know that I can do my self in regards to this problem or should I request another computer? Thank you.

Debra

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969550

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice