1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cd dvd player

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by greatbear, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greatbear

greatbear Thread Starter

my computor crashed about 2 months ago

the mouse function was nt there so i was helpless

i called a guy in who fixed it reinstalled windows and relieved me of 80 quid

there are a limited no of times that i can do that

so im wondering...... if the computor finally gives up the ghost ill be left with lots of cds full op picks from the net mainly in jpeg file

will i be able to get a cd dvr player to play these files in a slide show sequence ?

also some of the files on disc are in word document folders will the dvd be able to get in those ??

thanks for any info........... pete

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

"will i be able to get a cd dvr player to play these files in a slide show sequence ?"

If you use a CD burning program such as Nero, and select the option to burn a VCD you can create a slide show that will play on a DVD player or another PC.

VCDs are CDs that are able to be recognides on a DVD player, they are made using a CD burner so you don't need a DVD burner.

You may have to use CD-RW disks, as many stand alone DVD players prefer them, as the cant always read CDR disks. Depends on the model of DVD player.

"also some of the files on disc are in word document folders will the dvd be able to get in those?"

When using Nero, you drag and drop the image files from their folder (wherever it is on the drive, you need to find them, its nothing to do with "the dvd getting in") into the files to be written pane of the Nero window.

It only takes copies, it will not remove the file thats on your PC.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167901

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice