1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD Dvd Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lisaa7002, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lisaa7002

lisaa7002 Thread Starter

Ok I have a new problem now. I don't know if I had it when I had my ODBC driver problem, because I wasn't trying to install any new software when I had the other problem.

The first time I had a problem (with lite-on dvd-rw LDW 401S - but my cd drive is doing the exact same thing- both are listed as "working properly") I was trying to install a new game & it told me "macromedia projector has encountered a problem & has to shut down Sorry...." I fiddled around & it it worked finally- of course I don't know what i did, but I installed 2 more kids games, then tried to install another software and the macromedia thing popped up again. I tried everything I can think of, downloaded two new macromedia flash things- I didn't see anything specifically about the projector. I copied it directly onto my drive & got some of it installed. But still can't install it normally. I tried changing compatibility mode- although it IS listed for my OS- Xp home. Then today I tried to install another new game & it bring the "install shield wizard is creating ..." box and it got to 99% & just hangs there. The Dvd drive is still working, but it just stays there. I left it for maybe 5-10 minutes thinking I might just not be giving it enough time but nothing happened. I had to go into task manager & shut it down.
    I had had other problems recently with my OBDC driver ( http://forums.techguy.org/t214189/s.html ) & did a sfc scan with my installation disc to fix it. I don't know if this is connected or not.
    After This didn't work today I did several system restores to several different days before my first problem happened & none of those helped.
    I tried to find an updated driver for my dvd drive at lite-on but didn't see any info on that at their site.
    Hope one of you geniuses out there has an idea what is wrong...
    & remember I'm pretty new to this so if you have to get real technical be nice!
    As usual Thanks So much! Lisa

Was going to post my event logs but it looks like it would have taken up several pages. If you guys think it would help I will.

2. lisaa7002

lisaa7002 Thread Starter

It also seems to play things that have already been installed fine. The kids can play thier games , and I just used the microsoft trips cd.

3. lisaa7002

lisaa7002 Thread Starter

I was able to get SpongeBob game installed, by copying it to my HD, then installing it, but it has errors- Big black boxes around all the writing and the cursor. It is listed for xp... so I can't figure it out.

4. lisaa7002

lisaa7002 Thread Starter

Row , row , row your boat, gently down the streammmmm. (bump)

Should I have this moved to software?

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Is SP 1 installed?

6. lisaa7002

lisaa7002 Thread Starter

I don't know. I haven't heard of that one before. :eek:

7. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

XP Home, SP1......?

Right click my computer, properties.

8. lisaa7002

lisaa7002 Thread Starter

Service Pack 1? Yes.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216888

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice