1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cd/Dvd Rom Cant Read Any Disc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gameday, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gameday

Gameday Thread Starter

Hello everyone this is my first question i need help solving. Now first of i wanna say that my pc came pre installed with windows "Vista Home Basic". I got a copy of "Windows 7 Ultimate". I wanted to go back to my Vista. The problem is the reinstall disc couldnt be read period by my drive.. And before i installed Windows 7 I had reinstalled Vista with the reinstall disc it came with no problems before. But since ive changed over to Windows 7 it wont read the Windows Vista disc or the utilities driver disc. Any clues or help would be appreciated thanks... Now Part 2 is... Basically half a year later today I just got done burning a dvd and was on to the next one popped my DVD R into the drive and it just simply could not be read. Ive tried different cds and dvds none are read now... I have no clue what went wrong unless my drive is dead... My drivers are updated all my local disk are stating healthy. But there is a drive that doesnt have a letter nor status next to it , located at the top of my other local disk... My cd rom is located in Drive E: for some reason that seems kind of strange to me like it was somewhere else before ? I dont know. So that's it could someone please help out thanks in advance.

Dell Inspiron 530s (Slim)
    Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
    Pentium Dual Core E5400 @ 2.70Ghz
    Ram 2.99 GB

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

Is this a TSST branded drive? If so, it's likely that the drive has failed. The TSST drives Dell used had a fairly high failure rate.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971893

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice