1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cd/dvd rom reads dvd's and only 1 cd

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by al1701, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. al1701

al1701 Thread Starter

Sony vaio laptop with DVD drive will play dvd's and I can get it to read Sony Application recovery CD but not system recovery or any other software cd.I have reloaded drivers,use video cleaning CD with interactive movie which it played.
    It just clicks back and forth but will not auto start.I get drive not accessible error/device is not ready.
    i have uninstalled all Norton softeware and every other software that I could think of that might conflict with it.At then end of trying to access software light stays on.
    I tried boot disc with cd rom support to try to get around any software conflicts to no avail.I am cluelessand cannot believe drive is bad when it will play dvd.

2. supertech

supertech

make sure the cd player is checked off in the multimedia box in the add rmove programs box /windows setup:D

3. supertech

supertech

disreguard that please

4. al1701

al1701 Thread Starter

It is checked.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!