CD/DVD Stops working because of iTunes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AlliCat

:eek: Does this little yellow triangle with the ! in it look familiar when you go into "Device Manager" and go to your CD/DVD driver...I have been dealing with this nightmare problem for over two months!!! I am learning a lot on how to get around my computer(more than I care to actually), and I was SO THRILLED to find this site with others having the same problems. Bottom line, as best I have determined, is that when you install iTunes on some computers (mine is a Toshiba-who by the way are HORRIBLE when you need their help, with the Vista Home Premium operating system), it messes up the CD/DVD-ROM drive. As outlined by others the best way to get the drive to start working is by deleting the upper and lower filters. However, once you do that when you go back into iTunes you will probably get the following message "Warning! The registry settings used by the iTunes drivers for importing and burning CDs & DVDs are missing. This can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software. Please reinstall iTunes." So my question is: does anyone know how to "Update version of other optical drive software" which apparently is required to be able to use iTunes and still maintain a working CD/DVD drive? Any support/directions would be GREATLY APPRECIATED by this very frustrated lady!!!

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
There is no updated optical drive software for Windows.

If iTunes keeps scrambling the filter values and killing the optical drive, that installation is defective. If you can, try and older or newer version of iTunes.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online