CD/DVD's

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

apothiki

My query is one that must appear quite often. Please bear with me I am new to the forum. My problem is the CD/DVD drive will only play DVD's. There is no response to installing a CD other than a brief 'whirring' noise and a few 'clicks'. I admit it is under used. Could this be the problem? I operate Windows XL.

Howdy,

How old os the CD drive?

Usually if the DVD part works but the Cds do not it can mean the CD part has gone faulty.

You could try a laser cleaner for your drive. How old is your machine? alot of drives use different lasers for reading dvds to cd's and the cd reading laser may have stopped working properly.
If So to be honest, easiest soloution is to replace the drive, however try laser cleaner first.

apothiki

Thanks for your time. The drive is 5yrs old. A village know all mentioned the CD laser's gone. Does this make sense. Cheers.

apothiki

Thanks for your reply.The drive is 5yrs old. How do I administer the cleaner bearing in mind the CD drive is static. Cheers.

I don't think the cleaner will help.....sounds like the lazer on the Cd part has gone faulty

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts