1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD image burn WIN 98 that can eventually convert to .iso

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by mayagaia, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mayagaia

mayagaia Thread Starter

So I downloaded, un-zipped and burned a CD of that edburnerxp 3 in my Win 10 wifi laptop and installed in my Win 98 PC. Installation went without a hitch. Then I selected "burn a data CD or an ISO image file" (the ISO format was explicitly a requirement). Fortunately I had already converted my TIF file into he ISO. Then I loaded the ISO file into the platform and clicked BURN. The burn processed without a hitch (about 2 minutes) and message was displayed: "the CD burned successfully". Clicked Finish and then opened the CD and found ...nothing! I loaded the CD in my laptop and found - rather than the disc being unusable as when they had failed to write in attempts in three other CD burn programs: EasyBurn, Nero 5, and (first attempts) in ImgBurn - the disc was completely write-able in my laptop.
    Further conviction that my final success was against all odds - thanks to a synchronicity orchestrated from a benevolent conscious cyberspace matrix.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You are still stuck on the idea it needs to be an ISO, it doesn't so I'm going to give up.

3. mayagaia

mayagaia Thread Starter

I appreciate your intention to be helpful - but for the record I am neither "obsessed" nor "stuck" but simply sharing the actual pitfalls that have arisen in my journey via various CD burning software. Happily - you can't argue with success!

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Forget the iso conversions or PhotoDeluxe and install Irfanview
    I started using Irfanview in my W98 days ... it should still work there

5. mayagaia

mayagaia Thread Starter

I always assume the Operating Systems listed in a software descriptions are explicit and mean it will not work in any not listed. Am I wrong? The current Irfanview lists Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10.

Also - out of the almost 100 file formats listed as supported in the Iranview app - there is only one that is also supported in the ImgBurn - an IMG file - so I suppose I might try uploading a raster file from my Adobe Photo Deluxe and convert it to an IMG file in Irfanview to enter into the ImgBurn platform but that really isn't any easier than the ISO conversion process I've already used successfully.

Also I don't see that the Irfanview provides some of the critical functions in the AP Deluxe, like cloning which is an essential part of my image manipulations.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1208560

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice