Cd In Dos But Not In Windows

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cwin2000

Whenever i put a CD in my computer while running windows it comes up with an 1 tracked audio CD (see fig 1.0). I tried running Smart Projects' IsoBuster but it came up with a PVD error (see fig 1.1.) In DOS (not the windows one - the one that comes up when you choose command prompt only in the boot menu) it works. It happens with most disks some even worked when i first put them in and half way through using them it comes up with a cannot find file error and this has happened.

I'm running a Windows 98SE system with 500mhz ram DOS7 128mb RAM a CD-RW Samsung SW-204 as drive (E:)(the one that has the problem, it also wont write disks for some reason) and a DVD as drive (D:)(that dosn't work at all) I bought my PC from Time (oh no not TIME?!?!?!) and a HD with 14 GB worth of files, 15.5 GB used and a 20GB capacity of which 19GB works.

Hi cwin2000

tried a lens cleaner on it?

if you restart into safe mode, do you have too many cdrom devices listed in device mnager?
if so, remove them all and restart

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online