CD mapped to windows

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Raimond42

When I insert a CD into my Mac it does not mount. When I go to Windows it is there. How can I get it to show up in the Mac OS again?

What type of CD? Did you make it? If so, in what format and file system?

When you say "again", does that mean that you could see it before?

If you made it, was it finalized?

Raimond42

It is a CD from a training manual. I closed VMF and tried it again. It mounted this time, when I opened windows again and inserted it again, it went to windows again.

It is a CD from a training manual. I closed VMF and tried it again. It mounted this time, when I opened windows again and inserted it again, it went to windows again.
This is a very confusing paragraph.

First off, by VMF I assume youmean VMware Fusion?

You than said you quit it and it mounted this time? So does this mean in OS X?

Then you said when you opened windows again, I assume you mean you started VMware Fusion again and now when you insert the CD it appears in Windows on VMware Fusion?

If you are saying yes to the above and what you want is the CD to mount in OS X, not in VMware Fusion, within the settings for Fusion there is an option to set which OS gets the insert CD notification. (aka Just toggle CD connected icon in lower-right of Fusion window)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online