Cd playback problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hevanne

Since I upgraded to windows 10 I've been unable to play cd's, the computer recognizes them, WMP shows the album art and the bar moves along as if it's playing but theres no sound, theres sound for all other aspects of my laptop. I also can't rip a cd it shows as error. I have tried other players and its not just specific to WMP.

Dvd's play absolutely fine.

I have just performed full system restore and the problem still persists.

Thanks

hevanne

I deleted them and the cd/ dvd rom ones and restarted the laptop still no change.

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
If you deleted them and restarted you're still going to need to reinstall them.

Go to the computers manufacturers website and download the audio driver file package then run the file from the computer.

hevanne

Hi I was lead to believe if I deleted the drivers on reboot they would be reinstalled? I have a Samsung laptop therefore have Samsung update I've never been offered an update for the cd/dvd drive. I've also been to the Samsung site and checked the updates for my NP550P5C-A08UK and there aren't any. I've been into my device driver and it states I have a matshita dvd-ram UJ8D1 driver date 21/06/2006 and driver version 10.0.10586.0 seems likely it's outdated. I did an online check through windows and it states that its up to date. I've done a search online for an updated driver for the matshita dvd-ram UJ8D1 and there seems to be one but I'm worried about which sites are genuine and also if I'll cause a problem with the driver not being compatible. Any help would be great thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online