1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD Players CRASH system

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by samtooth6, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samtooth6

samtooth6 Thread Starter

I've had RealOne, Windows media Player, and MusicMatch Jukebox on my Windows XP system for years and had no problem. Recently I downloaded a CD burning program off the net called DiscMaster 2. Ever since then, when I attempt to play a CD on any of my players, I get a total system crash. I believe I've removed the DiscMaster 2 program, but it still crashes. I've tried to do a "system restore", but that doesn't work either. (This is the first time in 3 years that I've ever tried system restore and no matter what date I put it on, it says it's unable to perform). So I've given up on trying to bring my system back to a point prior to DiscMaster 2. Every time the system crashes, upon restart a message comes up from Microsoft saying "Solution Found: Contact Ahead Software AG to obtain the update". This Microsoft webpage redirects me to another webpage from Nero, and here's its address:
    http://www.nero.com/en/oca_erw4.php . I have downloaded that fix or patch, and every time I do, it says I have to remove the older version of InCD, which I have done. The only thing is that after downloading the repair patch, I hit "run", and it does something (a lot of numbers flash past the screen, appearing to be doing something) and then everything appears to be done, but I keep looking to "install something". Nothing more appears, so I assume it's been fixed. I put a CD in any of the players and I have an immediate computer crash. Black screen, automatic reboot, and then the message from Microsoft again and I'm right back where I started. Yesterday I spent 11 and 1/2 hours with HP Support and they had me do so many things that I can't explain, but the results are that the system still crashes. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. Incidentally, anyone with any ideas on the system restore problem would also be appreciated. Thanks again.

2. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

1 thing to say. NEVER! NEVER! Use hp support. They are horrible, most the time indians, and don't know jack.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!