CD-R 700Mb burning problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Minga

Hi,
I am currently having problems copying files to CD-R using XP. I bought these CDs called EMTEC High Performance, 700Mb, 80min and 48x certified. My burner is an Archos Mini CDR/W external thing which seems to have no problems burning other CDs.
So far I have destroyed two:
1. Copied about 100Mb of MP3s onto CD. Fine. Copied another 200Mb onto the CD. During the latter, as soon as the writing process started, I get an error saying there is a problem with the writing process and the CD may not be useable anymore. I removed the CD, put it in my normal CD drive, and it isn't recognised as a CD.
2. Go straight for about 200Mb this time and again, as soon as the writing process begins, I get the same error and the CD is non-recognisable by my CD drive.
I check the EMTEC website and the only thing it could be is a problem with 700Mb discs, which I have not used before. However, I see no upgrades for this on the MS-XP website. In fact, MS talk about different disc sizes as if it is part of everyday XP duties.
I then thought that perhaps it may be a problem with the disc's 48x certification, which should still be compatible with lower speeds. Again, on the EMTEC website, I notice that the 48x does mean UP TO 48x, so it should have been ok.
Any ideas anyone??? My hard-drive is critically low on space and I need to remove some stuff!
Thanks.

crjdriver

I have tried using xp’s built in burning software and to me it is not worth the time. Here is a link to download nero. This is for a trial version. If you like it then you can go ahead and purchase the product. I have used nero for quite a while and find it to be very easy to use.
http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#root

Minga

Hmmm. I have a copy of NERO at home, which came with the CD but didn't work with XP. I'll install that at the weekend and get the updates from the website. Hopefully that'll solve the problem. I had no need for NERO before because XP did everything I wanted it too, apart from making music AUDIO CDs, which I am not that bothered about.
Ta.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online