Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

cd-r hangs on track 9

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  skyhawk_355 
#1 ·
I dont know if this prob is hardware or software, but here goes.

I have plextor 24-10-40, roxio easy cd creator 5.0. When direct copy audio cd it hangs on track 8 or 9 and says error w/track on recordable cd. Works fine when direct copy data cds. Software er ror msg suggests power interruption, need new disc, or different brand media. Been doin this for some time, have re-installed software onto new hard drive but prob was present with old h/d. Shouldnt be power related, have pc sys on ups.

Skyhawk_355

#2 ·
are there any problems showing in device manager? also, you can go to roxio's site to see if they have any updates for 5.0. I think I remember seeing an update for easy cd creator and directcd.

#3 ·
#5 ·
I updated easy cd creator software & plextor firmware. Sadly still have same prob. haven't tried different brand media yet, but it used to work fine with the media I'm using now.:confused:

Here's err msg from last trial:

E8004189f: Write error - recovery needed - [03/0C/07]

E80041934: TrackWriter error - Flush failed - [T7127]
An error occurred while trying to write to the CD-Recorder. After trying again to write to the CD-Recorder without success, Easy CD Creator sent a flush command to the CD-Recorder, but the flush command failed.

E80041925: TrackWriter error - Command retry failed - [T7118]
The TrackWriter received an error while trying to write to the CD-Recorder, tried resending the command, and failed again. This error is usually accompanied by additional errors that describe the original error.

Son says, copy audio cd to h/d 1st then from h/d to cd writer. He says this works but takes longer.

Skyhawk_355

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.