1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cd-r/rw Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by crillin, Dec 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crillin

crillin Thread Starter

Hi.

I just bought a cd-rw(Plextor 12/10/32A) and installed it. Everythink was fine, the computer recognized it, both cd-r and cd-rw drive icons D: and E: where present in "My Computer". Then I installed the software that came with it.

Before i tried to burn anything, i realized that both cd-r and cd-rw drive icons have disappeared from "My Computer" ( you know when you double click My Computer and see all the drives the computer has).

I went to Device Manager and saw that both drives had a yellow sign with an exclamation mark in it. Their Device Status said "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)".

Then i checked the cable and jumper settings and they were fine. I had the drives set up as cd-rw -> secondary master, cd-r -> secondary slave. And it even shows that on startup screen and also in BIOS.

Could someone please help me fix the problem. THANKS

Describtions of my system are:
    CPU: Intel Pentium III 700MHz
    MotherB: Asus CUBX
    CD-RW: Plextor 12/10/32
    CD-R: Panasonic 48X

2. brianF

brianF

What software did you install, xp is a little fussy about burning software

3. crillin

crillin Thread Starter

Never mind my earlier post. I've fixed the problem. The software that came with the drive was not compatible with winXP. Everything went back to normal right after I uninstalled it.
    But now i have to look for a software that will let me burn stuff and is winXP compatible :(

Thanks for checking if you did :)

crillin.

4. crillin

crillin Thread Starter

oh the software was Plextor Manager 2000.

crillin.

5. brianF

brianF

6. crillin

crillin Thread Starter

Thanks alot brainF. I'll try that software.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60510

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice