1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD R will not play cd's

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by iknownothing, Nov 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iknownothing

iknownothing Thread Starter

Ok , I'm new here so my name says it all. When I got this puter it had Win95 on it.I have sence upgraded to Win98 then to Win ME. Now heres the prob. My writable cd rom played cd's when i got it(the computer that is) sence I upgraded it it wont play them.It looks like it's playing but theres no sound.I've checked everything i know,but remember my id here.I went into multimedia and checked out my sound card and everthing.Oh by the way i also have a regular CD ROM & it plays fine. There is this box that i can't check called (enable digital cd audio for this cd rom device) but it wont let me check it.I am hoping someone here can help.
    My computer is a Gateway 2000, 200 MGHZ 98 MEGS ram 3.5 gig HD. I know it's slow but it werks 4 me.I will be upgrading again but this time it will be the motherboard and all. Ok hope i can get some help here ya'll. Thx and L8R.
    :D

2. big

big

Is the writer an upgrade too? If so, did you plug the sound interface cable in from the cd device to the sound board? You may have more than one connection on the board and you may not. If not you'll have to settle for playing audio cd's in one or the other. Hope this helps.

3. iknownothing

iknownothing Thread Starter

No the CD R is not an upgrade. I'm just tryin to figure out how to enable CD ROM to play digital cd's.hmmmm
    I dont think i messed whith any plugs back there all i did was install new soft ware. maybe if i said i had to format my HD b4 i could install a new Windows?? so that does mean that all settings go byebye right??? I guess i just want all things on my PC to work to their full potential. But thx for the reply. I did check that what u said but it wasnt it.:( so if what i posted this time gives more info............. Thx ya'll

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58784

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice