CD Recorder Tab (Prior Posts Not Showing Message)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jenks318

The first two posts did not show the message body. I apologize for the posts if it was due to my ineptness.
I am using Win XP Pro SP 2 on a laptop that has all of the updates. I
haven't used Windows to burn a cd for over 6 months. I noticed today that
the burn options were not showing up any longer. I checked the DVD
CD-R/RW properties and notice the recording tab was not there. I Googled the problem and checked the registry for the settings in the drive type line. They were correct. IMAPI cd-burning services was started and set to manual. I stopped it, rebooted, then started it and rebooted. Record tab is still not showing and recording with xp not working.

I can burn using Nero, and the cd drive label shows it is a DVD CD-R/RW. Somehow I lost the ability for Windows to burn CDs. Media
Player will burn as will third party software. I would appreciate any
suggestions as to the cause and fix for my problem. I am spyware and virus clean. I have used regedit and regseeker in the past. I have posted to Microsoft Newsgroups, but so far not a lot of response with the exception of one helpful fellow. It does not appear to be a widespread problem.

Jerry

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online