1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD Recording - Sessions Open or Closed

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by medallion, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. medallion

medallion Thread Starter

Hello. New at Cd Recording, have both EZ Roxio and Nero, but the question can be only EZ if less confusing that way. I've got two Cd's done, each
    with one song a piece because neither will allow me to record another being I somehow closed the session. Without going into great detail, what did I miss ? What did I do wrong and how do I correct it on next CD so that I can keep adding songs until full??
    - M

2. Moby

Moby

3. Flrman1

Flrman1

Hi Medalion, I'm not sure about older versions of EZ CD Creator but I have Platinum and when you record the CD in the bottom right corner under" track at once " there are three options to choose from " Don't finalize session"
    " Finalize session. Don't finalize CD" and
    "Finalize CD"
    There are basically the same options in older versions of EZ CD and Nero. If you want to be able to record more songs later you should choose " Finalize session. Don't Finalize CD"

4. slipe

slipe

If you finalize the session but don’t finalize the CD you can record more sessions but most entertainment players will read only the first session. So unless you are recording to play only on the computer closing the session is the same as closing the CD for audio.

If you want to add more songs to an audio CD it is best to not close anything. You can only play the songs in the burner that way until you close the CD, but you can add the songs so they can still be played in your stereo or car after you close the CD.

Better to just accumulate enough for a whole CD and close it as Moby suggested.

The option to finalize the session but not finalize the CD is great for data though. I think the verbiage in your version is to record session at once and close the session but leave the CD open if you are recording data. For audio it would be disc at once and close the CD.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/103709