cd resumes

Fyzbo

I have been thinking of making a resume program to put on business card cds, but I'm not quite sure on a few things.

1. Is it really worth it? Will employers take the time to look at it, or will it just end up in a trash can?

2. What would be the best programming language to write one in?

3. What should be included besides the resume and some recommendation letters?

4. Does anyone else have one that I could look at?

Fyzbo

Well I find it hard to believe no one has input on this. I started writing mine in Java/HTML. The ones I found online were made in flash, but I felt they seemed unprofessional with the animations and such. So the question still remains, if you were a potential employer and a candidate sent in a business card cd, would you take the time to pop it in or would you just trash it?

I remember a few years ago when the CD-Business card thing came out. I have not heard anything about them since. I think making one for resumes might be a waste of time unless you are looking for a high-end technical job. Some companies are still technically behind when it comes to things such as hiring or recruiting. You might want to make one a CD and paper copy just-in-case and ask whomever you are submitting to which they prefer.

Fyzbo

I did get a computer science major, so any jobs I am applying to are technical(mostly programming). I was planning to submit them with a paper resume, the cd can hold example programs/code I've done as well as copies of my resume and recommendation letters. I hope it's not a waste of time as I've already started, but I thank you for giving me your opinion. You may be right. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts