CD ROM boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pfmrof

When you set the bios to boot from the cd rom, does the system look for the disk in all drives or only the cd rom drive?
I ask because my cd rom drive (D) has died but the cd-rw drive (E) is OK.
I've tried using the E drive to boot from the disk, no go.
I am planning to replace the D drive soon, but am wondring if this is possible and if so what am I doing wrong.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The simple way to solve that problem is to remove the defective CD, it's sufficient to just remove the data cable.

pfmrof

Johnwill, thanks for the info. I will give it a try, but as I said it was just to satisfy my curiosity. I do plan on a new drive soon, am thinking about a DVD-CD ROM.
Thanks again

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts