Cd Rom Doesn't Work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MEMPHISMAN95

I AM PROBLEMS WITH MY CD ROM DRIVE. THE PROBLEM I AM HAVING IS THAT THE CD DRIVE WILL NOT COME ON, IT IS LIKE IT IS GETTING NO POWER GOING TO THE DRIVE AND IT WOULD NOT WORK. AT FIRST I THOUGHT IT WAS THE DRIVE ITSELF AND I REPLACED IT WITH A NEW CD DRIVE AND NOW IT WON'T WORK EITHER, COULD THAT BE A PROBLEM WITH THE POWER SUPPLY CABLE, WHAT DO YALL THINK???

Check in your bios and make sure that secondary master (if that is where the cd is) recognises a cd device... if not make sure it is set to auto or if that doesn't work set it to cd yourself.

You see no power light activity at all, even when you reboot the drive is just dead, the light doesn't flash at all.

I would certainly try another power supply connector, you should have a spare in the case.

Other things to check although they wouldn't keep the drive light from flashing

Drive jumpered correctly on back for location it's installed to, either master or slave, only one master and one slave can be on the same cable.

Cable connected properly, red stripe on cable goes to pin 1 on both the drive and the cdrom

Cable connected securely to both.

Bios set to auto detect or cdrom for the correct channel the drive is installed on.

Watch the drive when you restart the machine, does the light flicker at all, do you see a message saying initializing device (name and model of your drive )

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!