CD Rom Drive is possessed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

john32

My CD Rom drive keeps Opening and closing all the time. What should I do. Thanks.

what you should do is check that the button on the cd drive is not sticking in any way also if you have a modified case on your machine that covers the cd drive check to make sure that it allows the cd drive button a clear area to operate in.

if this doesn;t work try checking your computer over for a virus as this could be the cause.

an up to date virus scanner such as avg will do the trick (you can get a free version of this for personal use from www.downloads.com)

if you do all that and it still doesn't work consult the manufacturer of the cd drive and it may be the case that the cd drive is just an old one and is past it's sell by date if you know what i mean.

source of information: http://www.globetechnology.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20050719.gts7jul19/BNStory/Troubleshooter/:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online