1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD-ROM drive problems with burning software

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Snoop_Dixs, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Snoop_Dixs

Snoop_Dixs Thread Starter

When ever I use blind write software it will show 1% read for around 5 minutes. Then it says my hardware has changed and my cd-rom gets removed from device manager and will no longer work. I can't even open the cd-rom drive.

I have to shut the computer off and manualy get the cd out. This program works fine on my other computer and I am not doing anything differently.

I have upgraded my firmware to the latest verison for my cd-rom and cdr. I have an lg GCR-8523B cd-rom and a lg GCC-4520B CD-RW DVD ROM. Can I do anything else to get this program working or is it never going to work with my cdrom?

Through device manager I have set my secondary ide channel advanced settings to dma if available for both boxes.

I have an asus P4C-800 E-Deluxe mother board. I have just purchased this system so, I belive the chipset is up to date but not sure.

Thanks for any help.

2. Mr. PC Doc

Mr. PC Doc

Hmm, try updating the software, Also, update the driver for it.

It sounds like a very odd problem. Do you have an Antivirus? If not, go to www.grisoft.com and downlaod the free edition of AVG. Update the database, and scan for viruses. It may not help, but you never know.

3. Snoop_Dixs

Yah, I have virus scan, I disable it when burning. My system is almost brand new. I have the latest version of blind write, I just downloaded it. I also, already downloaded the latest version of firmware for both cd-rom drives. I'm not sure what the problem is because it works fine on my other system that I am selling, but not on my new system.

4. Mr. PC Doc

Mr. PC Doc

Try totally uninstalling the CD drive from the system (in device manager) and reinstalling the drivers. You could have a problem with a corrupted driver, and the fresh one did not help

Also make sure the data cables are securly plugged into the mobo and back of the drive, aand also the power connectors.

Good luck!

5. Snoop_Dixs

Everytime the cd-rom crashes it is removed from the device manager then added back in once I turn my computer back on. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219383

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice