1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD ROM Drive Trouble

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kaashifv, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kaashifv

kaashifv Thread Starter

Hi I have two drives in my computer:

LiteON DVD Burner
    LG DVD Combo drive

Both are fairly new, and they were working perfectly up until a few hours ago. When i first turn on my computer the drives can read and burn cds/dvds without any problems. However when i leave my computer for a couple of hours, and come back to and try to install something of a cd, the drive won't read anymore. I have tried to reinstall windows and that worked until i restarted my computer, i have updated the bios, i have tried other cd/dvd drives, and they all produce the same results. This problem is really starting to bug me, so does anyone have nay suggestions as to what i can do to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance,
    Kaashif Vandal

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

I would install Speedfan and watch the temps on hard drives and system.
    http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
    I also wonder about power supply too especially since you don't list it in your specs.

3. kaashifv

kaashifv Thread Starter

Thanks, i will check out the program. My system specs are as follows:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe
    Intel P4 E 3.0GHZ HT
    1.5GB RAM
    128MB MSI Geforce FX5900XT Video Card
    Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum Sound Card
    1 x IDE 160GB HD
    1 x IDE 80GB HD
    1 x External SATA 80GB HD
    500W Thermaltake Power Supply

Overall my CPU temerature is steady at about 40 degrees, and my motherboard temp is around 30 degrees. I am using a Kingwin AS3000 watercooler and its installed in a Sunbeam Transformer case. Airflow through the case is good, so temperature/power i believe is not a problem!

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

Power supply I'm sure is fine. I'll bet it's the hard drives.

5. kaashifv

kaashifv Thread Starter

What do you mean, temerature wise or are the hard drives going bad....because they are like my pc, fairly new

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541558

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice