1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD Rom drive will not open.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by wingsfan1969, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wingsfan1969

wingsfan1969 Thread Starter

Hello, my cd rom drive will not open. I have Vista. I am not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I am attempting to install a wireless router. The wireless router is installed, I just have not been able to get it to work yet. What could be prevented the cd rom drive to open?

2. C141

C141

Malfunctioning eject button is one possibility. Is it the original drive that came with your Vista computer? Old & wore out? Go to My Computer, Right click the CD/DVD drive & select Eject from the menu. Does it open??
    Not likely your router has anything to do with the drive not working.

3. liam7k

liam7k

Are you using a PC or a Laptop?

4. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

The CDROM tray door failing to open in your desktop/laptop has nothing to do with you setting up a wireless router.

There should be a tiny hole in the CDROM tray door.

Insert a straightened paper clip or similar object in the hole and then push it in.

The CDROM tray door should then pop open.

----------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1061509