1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD-ROM errors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dragn20, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragn20

Dragn20 Thread Starter

Here is my problem:
    my cdrom will be reading a cd fine (icon shows up in the "My Computer" window and I can read the CD contents), but then for some reason any game I have that needs a CD to play (Diablo II [regular and expansion], Warcraft 3, Starcraft) my computer just will not read the active file on the cd-rom. it won't even try to read the cd-rom.
    If I pick the autorun file in any of the games, the main game screen will say like "Please verify that your diablo II expansion Disc is in CD-ROM drive, then click on 'Retry'. No matter if i try to access the game through the program files or if i try it from the cd-rom drive it self.
    I dont get how it can access the files in the cd-rom, start the game up to where it says, "play so and so game", but than says that the cd-rom is not in the cd drive.

2. usualsuspect

usualsuspect

Is this Windows 98 by any chance?

3. Dragn20

Dragn20 Thread Starter

I'm running windows XP pro.

Actually i have been trying to look for this problem for a week now and the only thing i can come up with is a blizzard problem because that is the only games it is happening on.

So i am not sure how many of you out there are gamers but there has to be an easy answer to this question because we all know blizzard has **** for customer service

any help would be great...thanks

"We are the people who protect you while you sleep"-Fight Club

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273311

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice