CD ROM game won't set up on my laptop

Andrewc96

I'm trying to set up Rayman 2 The Great Escape on my laptop, and it won't let me set it up. I insert the disc, so then it says "Select what happens with this disc" so I click "Run setup.exe" and then it says "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" so I click "Yes". Then it shows the loading icon a few times and then nothing happens. Why is this happening and what can I do to solve it?

My specs
specs.png
specs 2.png

Last edited:

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
It may be too old to install &/or run on Windows 10.
Open the disc, right click on the setup.exe & choose compatibility mode for Vista or Windows 7 then try to install the game.

Andrewc96

It may be too old to install &/or run on Windows 10.
Open the disc, right click on the setup.exe & choose compatibility mode for Vista or Windows 7 then try to install the game.
I've tried all that and it doesn't make a difference.

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
Then it is too old.
Your only option would be to try GoG’s version, if it still doesn’t work then at least you can obtain a refund.

I've tried all that and it doesn't make a difference.
According to RayMan 2: The Great Escape System Requirements, you need either Windows 95 or 98.

I would copy the contents of the CD to a folder on my Desktop, then set Compatability Mode of Setup.exe to Windows 98. If that does not work play with your compatability options and use 8 Bit Colors and Run in 640x480 Screen Resolution and try again.

## NOTE: Changing Compatability Mode settings will not damage anything for this game. Feel free to try different combinations. Try to consider what the hardware at the time was capable of and see if you can mimic those settings. ##

And if all else fails, use a Virtual Machine and install Windows 98 to it then run the install in that.

Disc installer doesn't work
Sadly enough the CD installer does not work on 64-bit computers running below Windows 8. You can however select all files from the CD and copy them over to the the directory you want to install the game at. This will work and you will be able to play the game, though your computer may not recognize the game as installed and if you want to uninstall you will have to do it manually (remove all the files you put in the directory.)

Rayman 2: The Great Escape
https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/1292648-Rayman-PC-FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online