cd-rom keeps spinning

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cyberpac9

whenever i insert a CD the drive just continues to spin...i can insert a blank disc and walk away and come back 30 mins later and it's spinning...is the drive going bad, or is there something else i can try to diagnose?

Sounds like a bad drive to me. They're cheap enough now they can be replaced easily.

cyberpac9

i figured...i was hoping to avoid replacing it, considering it is only 6 months old...i'll use it until it completely dies i guess :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online