CD-Rom not being recognized

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cyber19582

The following is the response screen that i receive when i boot the system that has two physical drives ( C and D )........the bootdisk,by the way, has all the necessary and usual files as well as Cd1.sys,Cd2.sys, Cd3.sys, and Cd4.sys which are universal device drivers ( I think)........
Response Screen:........................................................
LITE-ON IDE CD-Rom device driver
Primary Master
Primary Slave
Secondary Master
Secondary Slave

CD-Rom driver not ready

No IDE Cd-Rom found
Please check cable or power cord

IDE CD-Rom device driver NOT installed
Device driver not found: 'BANANA'
No vaild CD-Rom device drivers selected
............................................................................................
that's the entire response screen
............i have checked the cable( color code and the raised part of the plastic piece that goes into the CD device....i even switched the other end that leads into the circuit board........i have checked the power source and it checks out because the CD-rom door opens when the button is pushed
..i did an edit of the autoexec.bat and it appears as follows:
@echo off
mscdex.exe /D: BANANA / L:R
..i did an edit of config.sys and it appears as follows:
DEVICE: HIMEM.SYS /testmem:eek:ff
Files = 30
Buffers = 20

DEVICE = Cd3.sys /D BANANA
LASTDRIVE=Z
...I have even switched the Master and Slave pins that are located on the Cd device ( the CD device does work on another machine which i tried in the Master mode )..

one other thing, could it be something with the Bios, i have noticed that the CD does not show up there......the 3.5 does, the 5.25 does, and the two physical drives do...is there a way to update the bios?

i realize that this is a handful but when this problem is solved it will indeed be an education...........please advise.........Thanks with
SMILE!

1) how is the cdrom connected. is it on its own ide channel or does it share?...if sharing what is it sharing with and is it master or slave.

2) if its by itself on the secondary ide channel, make sure your secondary ide channel isnt disabled in your bios.

3) try a different cable and see if it helps.

if the cdrom doesnt show up in the bios then it will definately not be picked up by anything else after that. make sure you've got the jumper settings correct - primary master, slave etc.

if your still having trouble try it with another drive :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online