1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cd Rom Not Opening !

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bignel, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bignel

bignel Thread Starter

Hello:

My CD ROM Drive is not ejecting the cd that is currently inside. I have tried rebooting but to no avail. Any ideas as to what I should troubleshoot?

2. junker39

junker39

Mechanical things do wear out. Take a paper clip, straighten it out and stick it in the little hole located underneath the cd door. You may have to push it pretty hard but the tray will open up. It could be just dirty or the motor that operates the tray could have gone kapoot. Good luck.

3. bignel

bignel Thread Starter

What if the motor is no good? What should I do? Would I need to open up the PC?

4. junker39

junker39

CD drives and CD-Recorders are relatively cheap now days. You cannot repair it. Just get a new one , open the case and change them out. All you need to look at is the tiny jumpers on the back between where the wires plug in. Just ensure the old and new are set the same. If you have any problems, just post back and someone will help you. Good luck.

5. bignel

bignel Thread Starter

Hi am back. OK, is there a website where I can reference if I want to change my cd rom? Thanks. :rolleyes:

6. NotRite²

NotRite²

I would suggest having a look at an owners manual/instructions that came with either the computer you have or the cd-rom you get to replace the current one. If you have a Dell, Gateway or other "name brand", you should also be able to call their tech support and also receive any needed help as to how to remove the drive that is in there. It's not a difficult task at all. Don't be shy about trying and just do a little research and you should easily pull this off!

Good Luck!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!