CD Rom not reading Re-writeables

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

myk

I have a Acer CD-940E Cd rom and it is unable to read re-writeables. It reads writeable cd's but just not re-writables. Can any one please let me know what I have to do to make this cd rom read re-writeables.

Thanks.

You might find some info at this link here :

http://www.benq-eu.com/ServiceAndSupport/FAQ/

Incidentally what Win OS are you using and what CD Software is it Roxio or Nero or ...?

It could be that you need to update the 'firmware' for you burner. But check the link above before downloading anything or making any changes.

If you could post these details back someone might have a better idea.

RSM123

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I'm going to guess that it will involve changing the brand of CD-RW media and/or replacing the drive. Since CD-ROM drives are dirt cheap nowadays, that's probably the path of least resistance.

myk

Hey,

I went to the link but none of that information was usefull.

My OS is Windows XP and I used Nero to burn my cd's.

I want to upgrade the firmware but I cannot find the drivers or any information on their website. I have emailed their tech support but they have no clue also.

Thanks for your suggestions, I hope you have some more.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online