cd rom not running

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sweetums

I have ME and my cdrom will not burn or open the orginal disk when I try to load from the startup so I can re-install the drivers for it.
I ran a scanreg and it will read cd's but not burn them.
I have tweakiu to fix the auto run. I have looked through your forum and found nothing with this problem.
Any Ideas??

G'day sweetums, are you able to hit F8 during a boot and get a screen that will enable you to select "safe mode" and boot into that to get windows up?
Cheers, qldit.

sweetums

do I have the start up cd in at the time? While I am booting in the safe mode?

No, normally safemode will boot you into a basic screen using minimal resources and stuff. It is not the ordinary windows that you normally see.
You will not have any CDroms or anything like that showing but you will be able to go start > programs > accessories > system tools > system restore. This will give you a chance to restore your machine to a time before the problem occurred.
You may lose things that have been installed since the date you select so be wary.
If you say the right prayer there is a good chance that when you reboot after a successful restore the thing might recover.
Cheers, qldit.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!