1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cd Rom Not Seen By System !

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dna2005, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dna2005

dna2005 Thread Starter

ok,

I am running xp

I have the system running perfect lol with the hard drive connected.

I am trying to connect a cd rom or dvd rom.. both when connected hand the system on bootup. I only get as far as the first bios screen it doesnt even count up the memory,,...

I have tried different cables and different settings slaving changing ide etc.

Simply put the system doesnt like either of the dvd or cd drives and locks the system.

So I went into bios.. tried to change settings it gives me auto or options to put information for hd myself but no option to select cdrom...

recap system runs like a dream with hd connected xp...

But wont do anything when cdrom or dvdrom or change of cables. its as if the system hasnt cdrom support in bios.........

hope i covered everything.. in a pickle need help...

Please

Sandra. :confused:

2. dna2005

dna2005 Thread Starter

I am starting to cry !

3. dna2005

dna2005 Thread Starter

HELP ! please///

4. norton850

norton850

I know that you've tried different master and slave setting etc., but what's in your system now just the hard drive?

Have you placed the CDROM, by itself on the second ide connector with the jumper set to master?

5. dna2005

dna2005 Thread Starter

Thank you norton,

I have tried it,, as soon as I connect either of the cdrom drives it wont boot?

hd on ide 1 on its own result boots perfect.

hd on ide2 on its own the same..

as soon as i introduce the cdroms on there own ide or slaved the system wont boot !

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326996

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice