CD-rom problem!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DDZZ007

My cd-rom stopped working, so I bought a new one. but after I installed it, the computer can't boot up in one try, I have to restart my computer every time and choose 1 normal on the menu to get into my windows every time now. but if I put the original Cd-rom back into the computer, it boots up fine, so basically, the computer won't work with any other CD-roms, what do I do? help!!!!!

Did you change the jumper settings on the new CD-ROM to match the old one? Probably set to Primary slave.

Did you jumper the new cdrom correctly. Same as the old one, master or slave. How old is your machine???

do you have cdrom drivers loading in the autoexec.bat or config.sys for the old cdrom.

DDZZ007

jumper settings? what does that mean? I set it as primary slave, not sure what the old setting is. The drivers use to be in the autoexec.bat, but I erased it, because it doesn't work anyways.

my machine is:

intel celeron 300 with MMX
128MB PC133 Ram
4.3GB harddrive
windows 98 installed

On back of the cdrom is a set of jumpers. You must set the jumpers to either master or slave, depending on which ide channel you have set it up. In your case if should be slave.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online