CD-rom Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stanleylthru

My CD -Rom drawer keeps opening and closing at startup and also when trying to put in a c-d to install software.
It also does the same thing when I want to burn a c-d.
It will eventualy stay closed so that I can get my work done but it is very maddening to say the least.
When I open the drawer to put in a disk , it won,t stay open.
Can anyone out there have a fix?
I'm very new to computers , but I would like to learn ( old dog ,new tricks, 63 years old ).
Thanks Much

[tsg=welcome][/tsg]

Did you check for any virus? Do you've any antivirus installed? Try an online antivirus scan at House Call .

Also download Startup List from here . Run the program and post back with the results.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online