1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CD-rom Problems

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by stanleylthru, Jan 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stanleylthru

stanleylthru Thread Starter

My CD -Rom drawer keeps opening and closing at startup and also when trying to put in a c-d to install software.
    It also does the same thing when I want to burn a c-d.
    It will eventualy stay closed so that I can get my work done but it is very maddening to say the least.
    When I open the drawer to put in a disk , it won,t stay open.
    Can anyone out there have a fix?
    I'm very new to computers , but I would like to learn ( old dog ,new tricks, 63 years old ).
    Thanks Much

2. pvc9

pvc9

[tsg=welcome][/tsg]

Did you check for any virus? Do you've any antivirus installed? Try an online antivirus scan at House Call .

Also download Startup List from here . Run the program and post back with the results.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113948

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice