1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cd rom problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wakawaka, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wakawaka

wakawaka Thread Starter

Hi,

I am having problems with my cd roms. I have a hp cd burner and a pioneer dvd player installed for 3 years with Win98 OS. The dvd player stopped working and i was also having trouble with the cd burner. Both cd icons show up in the control panel and in the system directory but when trying to access them it says drive not accessible. I have tried uninstall & reinstalling and tried new drivers. If i install the dvd or burner alone it will work fine.(the jumper settings are correct) When i first start up the computer with both devises installed the system sees and loads both dvd & burner. I can also see & read the disk that are in the dvd & cd burner when the system is rebooted but as soon as i eject a cd and insert different one it will not read and drive becomes not accessible again. I have to remove and install the devise to get it to work again.

Thanks, Bill

2. brianF

brianF

Try changing there jumper settings master/slave if there on the same ide cable. Maybe they will get along better than

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64319

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice